Key Changes to Winter 2018 Competition
Gold Coast Basketball is changing how the 2018 Season will run this year.
They have installed new rules that each member needs to abide by.
- All players may only play in ONE team for the season, this must be in their own age group (This excludes the Open Girls Championship which will have U13/U15/U17 players).
- If your team is short on players for a game, you cannot use a player from a different age group. ie if you only have 5 players for that night’s game, then this is all you have.
- Girls playing in the Open Girls Championships may not play in their own age group as well.
- Under 20’s game will be played on Wednesday nights, a 9.20pm time slot may be included if teams exceed 16.
- Under 17 Boys Division 1 and Open Girls Championship Division will be played on Thursday Nights.
- Open Girls Division is open to all girls from Under 13’s to under 17’s only and Clubs can enter more than one team.
- All Finals Games (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday Competition) will be played on Friday the 7th of September at Carrara. Under 9’s and Under 11’s will be played on Saturday the 8th of September at Carrara.
- Heat Basketball Club understands that in the event of a venue cancellation due to an event or severe weather, no games will be made up at a later date, all games will be registered as a draw.
- To Represent Gold Coast Basketball in the 2018/2019 BQJBC season, all players must participate in 50% of the 2018 Winter Season, with the exceptation of players who are participating in the Under 12 and Under 14 age group Competitions in the 2017/2018 season. It is optional for these players to participate in the the 2018 GCJBL season.
If your team needs to forfeit a game please keep in mind the following:-
- If you forfeit your game on the night, then the club will have to pay for the other team ie:- $70 court fees for your team plus the $70 for the other team.
- If your game is on a Friday and you forfeit on a Wednesday then no fees will be charged to either club.
- If your game is on a Friday and you forfeit on the Friday morning, then the club will have to pay for the court hire.